Wednesday 11 March 2015

Creating a NES Emulator From Scratch Part 2: CPU Code

I figure it's high time to update this project, and this blog.
After dropping this project for quite a long time, I've picked it up again, armed with new C++ knowledge developed through my first and current school terms. Even though I knew Java before, these classes really helped develop my programming skills in both languages.
Anyway, I have officially started the CPU programming. At the time of writing, here is what it does so far:
  • Initializes CPU registers
  • Writes to memory
  • Reads a cartridge, and writes it to memory
  • Framework set up for future functions.
I don't have time to write too much now, but if you want to take a look at the program so far, it is available on my Github located at https://github.com/Aliasmk/ALIAneS-Emulator
Talk soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment